Turn strong operational leaders into strategic thinkers.
Turn staff into strategic thinkers through a one-day deep-dive learning and applying 10 classic MBA theories to their business. Teach them how to use theory to structure their business decision making.
Classic 10 is a challenging, hands-on exploration of ten powerful business tools used in successful decision-making, the dynamic relationships between them and their business imperatives. Classic 10 is designed to assist executives and managers to make more scientific, strategic and operational decisions.
Part One: The Business Simulation
Over a series of five business cycles, they are presented with a range of strategic challenges, taught the relevant business theory and required to make business decisions, using the theories provided. Working in teams, they face the challenges, make decisions, implement them, see the results, and reflect on their performance.
Part Two: The Application to your Company
Part two is designed to ensure that learning translates into profit maximization for your business. It enables participants to now use the tools they have acquired in relation to their own work decision-making processes.
Why run the Classic 10 Workshop?
Prior to running the program, company-specific case studies (challenges) are identified. The tools from the simulation are applied by the teams to these company case studies. It is our experience that real opportunities and solutions are identified, analyzed and action plans initiated. In addition, during the process of discussing the cases, the participants will move from an operational/problem orientation to a strategic/opportunity one.
Finally, participants are better prepared to use the tools to explain their decisions and the underlying logic of these to clients, superiors, subordinates and suppliers.
- Gain an applied understanding of classic business theories
- Understand the business logic underpinning executive decisions
- Understand why clarifying the objective is critical to effective decision-making
- Learn how to translate strategy into effective operational decisions
- Learn how to make decisions for your own function that align with corporate strategy
- Move from an operational mode of thinking to that of a strategic one
- Learn how to effectively communicate decisions to others
The Classic 10 Theories
1. THE DECISION-MAKING CYCLE
2. THE PROFIT TRIANGLE
3. DEMAND AND SUPPLY THEORY
4. PORTER’S SUB SECTOR ANALYSIS
5. THE PRODUCT LIFE CYCLE
6. THE FOUR P’S OF MARKETING
7. MARKET SEGMENTATION THEORY
8. PRODUCT DIFFERENTIATION THEORY
9. VALENCY THEORY
10. VALUE CHAIN ANALYSIS