The Box Program
The BOX entrepreneurship program is a carefully constructed full or half day entrepreneurship training that will teach participants–both intellectually and emotionally–what it really takes to start and build a business.
Participants are led through an imaginary 6 months in the development of a new business and are faced with competition from other groups all developing products in the same market. Leaders will rise to the surface but quickly find that team cooperation trumps individual brilliance.
BOX is a fast-paced competitive environment that forces everyone involved to powerfully appreciate the importance of communication, teamwork, and listening skills. It is an intense, but exciting learning experience that is not soon forgotten.
1. Your cross functional teams receive a business assignment
2. The teams go into management meetings to develop basic business plans
3. They turn their business plan into action, against the clock
4. Each team markets their value to the customer
5. They measure and analyze their business results, including an income statement
6. Most critically, they reflect on what happened, and learn from their mistakes and successes
No one gets to hide in a team business workshop.
Everyone is challenged to participate in the fun and competitive production and management of a product. Starting with a kickoff meeting, roles and processes are established. Participants are presented with the management of a number of concepts and activities.
- Supply and demand forecasting
- Competition in the “marketplace”
- The impact of technology
- The role of advertising
- The impact of quality (or lack thereof)
- Looking at the bottom line (profitability)
- The challenge of the future, planning for the unforeseen
Teams typically have 4-5 members each, and a workshop is ideally between 16-30 people. Participants of all disciplines can participate.