There’s no substitute for experience.
That’s why we train it.
That’s why we train it.
Our business simulations are designed to accelerate business learning and team bonding–enabling great business decisions to be made in the business environment and deeper and more relevant lessons to be taught in the education environment.
Participants are led through an imaginary 4 to 6 months in the development of a new business and are faced with competition from other groups all developing products in the same market.
The BOX and BOX + entrepreneurship programs are full to half day, hands-on learning experiences exposing participants to what it means to start and run a company.
In the corporate or non profit environment:
Why run the BOX + Workshop?
Employees take the lessons from the entrepreneurship workshop and, guided by the facilitator, apply them to their own value-adding roles in the organization. They learn how to view the business holistically and not just from their department or individual vantage point. They learn the language of business and gain skills that result in decisions with bottom-line impact. Here is how to benefit from BOX + :
- Your organization’s vision is reiterated
- Participants analyze their individual function as if it were a business
- They identify their key internal suppliers and customers, their inputs and processes
- They determine their key value drivers, analyze how to maximize these and how to overcome constraints, develop a plan of action, including milestones and measurements
- Before leaving the workshop, participants make business improvement recommendations using the business skills, language and logic gained throughout the workshop
- Participants implement and track these lessons in the workplace
In the education environment:
Why run a BOX workshop?
In the BOX entrepreneurship workshop, students are intensively engaged in starting and running a “start-up” business.
Everyone is challenged to participate in the fun and competitive production and management of a product. Starting with a kickoff meeting, roles and processes are established. Participants are presented with the management of a number of concepts and activities that impact real businesses.
The BOX entrepreneurship program teaches great lessons first hand about business, all the while combining competition, negotiation, teamwork and many other essential soft skills that can’t be learned via a textbook or lecture. Here are some concepts taught in BOX:
- Supply and demand forecasting
- Competition in the “marketplace”
- The impact of technology
- The role of advertising
- The impact of quality (or lack thereof)
- Looking at the bottom line (profitability)
- The challenge of the future, planning for the unforeseen
Our business is seeing your business excel.
Every interaction begins with a conversation because every experience we lead can be easily customized for you and your organization. Find out what we can do to accelerate your business education. Call 410-837-1414