The BOX+ Program
The BOX+ entrepreneurship program is a carefully constructed full or half day entrepreneurship mindset training that gives participants–both intellectually and emotionally–the experience of what it really takes to start and build a business.
Participants are led through an imaginary 4 to 6 months in the development of a new business and are faced with competition from other groups all developing products in the same market. Leaders will rise to the surface but quickly find that team cooperation trumps individual brilliance.
BOX+ is a fast-paced competitive environment, specifically crafted for the business world, that presents the importance of communication, teamwork, and listening skills. It is an intense, but exciting learning experience that is not soon forgotten.
1. Your cross functional teams receive a business assignment
2. The teams go into management meetings to develop basic business plans
3. They turn their business plan into action, against the clock
4. Each team markets their value to the customer
5. They measure and analyze their business results, including an income statement
6. Most critically, they reflect on what happened, and learn from their mistakes and successes
How This Helps Your Workplace
Employees take the lessons from the simulation and, guided by the facilitator, apply them to their own value-adding roles in the organization:
- Your organization’s vision is reiterated
- Participants analyze their individual function as if it were a business
- They identify their key internal suppliers and customers, their inputs and processes
- They determine their key value drivers, analyze how to maximize these, how to overcome constraints and develop a plan of action, including milestones and measurements
- Before leaving the workshop, participants make business improvement recommendations using the business skills, language and logic gained throughout the workshop
- Participants implement and track these lessons in the workplace
Real life business challenges in a safe environment.
Everyone is challenged to participate in the competitive production and management of a product. Starting with a kickoff meeting, roles and processes are established. Participants are presented with the management of a number of concepts and activities such as:
- Starting and managing a business for 4 to 6 budget cycles
- Launching a new product
- Changing market demand
- Changing customer expectations
- Making budgetary and capital spending decisions
- Increasing competitive rivalry
- How value is added
- The challenge of the future, planning for the unforeseen
- Supply and demand forecasting
- Competition in the “marketplace”
Teams typically have 4-8 members each, and a workshop is ideally between 16-40 people. Participants of all disciplines can participate.